Thursday, October 6, 2016

Morning Pages - 31 Day Challenge- Day 6

I failed.
I was going to spend an hour in prayer yesterday but I only spent 15 minutes.
This got me thinking. What is prayer? How do you pray?
What is prayer?
When I was very new in exploring my faith, prayer came easy. God loves me and I would bask in His love. Distractions, doubts and a busy schedule didn't detract me. Now things seem different. Prayer can be hard for me. Or am I making it hard by my expectations.
Prayer, like Morning Pages, doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be. It is the discipline of it that is what you need.
Morning Pages, the practice of writing one page every morning, is not for others. I have made that exception with this challenge by posting it. It should be a non-edited stream of thought and if all you can write is "I can't think of anything to write" over and over until your page is full, then you have succeeded!  (Thankfully I haven't resorted to that yet, but the month is young!)
There have been times in my prayer that all I have been able to say to God is "Dear  Lord, can you throw me a bone here. I need something to help me " or sometimes my prayer can be as simple as saying "Jesus, help me believe in you."
It helps me to recall a memory of prayer: recall prayer moments.
Today I will sit in the sun and feel it's warmth on my face and bask in the love of God.

I am a child of God. He loves me. All I do is love him back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment