Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Morning Pages - 31 Day Challenge Day 12


On Sunday I took a break.
I took a break from writing but I also took a break from daily things and spent an extended period of time with God. I just sat and read and reflected and thanked God for the blessings in my life.
It was a retreat. I couldn't afford a whole day. Even though it was Sunday I worked that day (occupational hazard when you work for the church), but I set aside the afternoon to just feel the sun on my face and remember I am a child of God.
It is essential to do this. If we don't remember that we are God's precious children, how will we remember that everyone else is God's children too.
The person who cuts you off on your drive to work. God's child.
The person who wrote you a nasty e-mail. God's child.
The neighbor who mows their lawn at 7:00 a.m. God's Child.
or even...
The candidates in the presidential debate. Yup - both of them are God's children too.

I might need to spend more time with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment