Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Morning Pages- 31 Day Challenge - Day 4

Ok, it is day 4 and already I have nothing to write about. I slept terrible, I am tired and I am cranky.
Morning pages is about writing in graditude and prayer each day, but it is also about being real with yourself, learning about yourself and growing. Morning pages is also about writing about whatever comes to mind at the moment.

One thing I have learned is that I have to watch my coffee intake. Too much coffee, especially the high octane kind, will wreck my sleep hours later.

I wonder what other things that I do in the morning that wreck things later in the day.
There is a saying, "You got up on the wrong side of the bed."  This's might be one of those days.

I can choose to be grumpy, focus on all of the difficulties I need to work on at my job and begrudgingly get up and go on with the day or I can thank God for a roof over my head, a great family, satisfying work and a life better than most of the world. I don't have to worry about where I will get food, where I will find shelter or how to keep safe.

There is a homeless man living in a van in the parking lot of the church where I work. It is one of the problems I need to work on when I get to work. He has been talking to our pastoral care person at the church. I haven't  met him, but I have been thinking about him. We need to have him move on but as I spoke with the Sister who does our pastoral care, I realize that their is very little we can do to help.

I suppose he is thankful for his van and for not sleeping outside in the elements.

It is all on how we look at things.

Pray for your day, for those you will encounter. Just because you wake up on the wrong side of the bed doesn't mean you can't be thankful for your bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment