Thursday, October 13, 2016

Morning Pages 31 Day Challenge Day 13

Yesterday I met the seminarian that is assigned to the parish where I work. I actually knew him from before I worked there from when I worked at the Archdiocese. He had come to my rescue once at a time when I was putting together a prayer vigil and Mass at the Seminary for post abortive men and women. I needed some liturgical help and he was right there!
I work at a parish called Mary, Mother of the Church. It is a complicated place to work with a definite history. Sometimes I can be discouraged in my work but this seminarian reminded me of something- Mary.
The church (and not just this particular parish) is entrusted to Mary. Mary wants what is best for her children and she is in a particular way, watching over this particular parish and wants to point them to Christ.
I began thinking of my own consecration to Mary. A few years ago,  I did the 33 day retreat praying and studying about how Mary points us to Christ. A sence of peace comes with knowing Mary is working with you.
I am headed today to New Orleans for the very first WINE:Women In the New Evangelization conference outside of our diocese. By happenstance I will be staying with a wonderful woman I haven't met yet. Judy Klien who wrote a book on intrusting your children to Mary. I have the book but frankly thought this really doesn't apply to me. I was sure that it was written for someone with small children. Now I am wondering if the life lessons she writes about can be applied to my work as well as my adult children. I plan on reading it on the plane.
I also will be staying with Colleen Connell Mitchell - look her up, I love her book. Who Does He Say You Are?
So blessed to be surrounded by such talented women.
I hope I'll have time to write this weekend. I will do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment