Sunday, October 2, 2016

Morning Pages 31 Day Challenge Day 2



So the point to morning pages is to write every morning before you really do anything else. You are trying to capture your first thoughts in the morning.
The reason I want to combine this discipline with prayer is because all to often I start my day thinking of what I need to do instead of being grateful to God for all I have.
Yesterday I spent the day at my great niece's wedding. It was awesome that they were married in the beautiful church in New Prague, St. Wenceslaus, the church I was baptized.
Being with family really gives me a lot to be grateful for. My four sisters (and one in heaven) have a bond that has grown in different ways throughout the years.
This is always the most evident when someone is in crisis. A few years ago I was having some extrem difficulty through my workplace and was having, what I guess I would call, a nervous breakdown. I took a leave from work to work things out.
I emailed my sisters to let them know and the following week we all met for dinner. It was a different gathering than most of the time we meet. We didn't talk about our kids, but instead talked about our experiences growing up. Birth order, experiences and personalities had all made us view the world slightly differently, yet there is a deep bond that draws us together. Just this one experience with my sisters helped in healing some wounds I was dealing with.
My sister Maureen commented yesterday that we probably only all get together 5 or 6 times a year, if even that much, but the love and support is always there.

Resolve for today- make a point of spending time with those you love; family and close friends near and far.

No comments:

Post a Comment